Home National Australia Man dies after stabbing at Beenleigh house

Man dies after stabbing at Beenleigh house

4
0

source : the age

A man has died and two people are in custody after a stabbing at a house south of Brisbane on Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency services rushed to the home on Lubach Street in Beenleigh about 4.45pm, following reports a 66-year-old man had been assaulted and stabbed.

Neighbours and witnesses told Nine News they heard screams and plates smashing.

They said the 66-year-old man owned the property, and had arrived home from work to find he was locked out of the house by a man and a woman who had been staying with him.

He was allegedly stabbed after forcing his way into the house.

Local man Riley Sellars told Nine News he ran to the property after hearing the commotion, and saw the man lying in a pool of blood.

Police at the scene of an alleged stabbing in Lubach Street in Beenleigh, where a 66-year-old man died of his injuries.Nine News

Police attempted CPR but despite their efforts, could not save the man, who died at the scene.

Paramedics treated a man in his 40s for an arm wound and assessed a woman, also in her 40s. Both were taken to Logan Hospital.

They were taken into custody and were assisting police with inquiries.