Source :- PERTH NOW NEWS
Swans premiership coach John Longmire said he felt an “incredible deep sadness” upon hearing about Sydney players being investigated over an alleged sexual assault at a Melbourne hotel.
Swans stars Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner are embroiled in a Victoria Police investigation after allegations of a sexual assault at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel in the early hours of Monday.
No one has been arrested and no charges have been laid.
However, the players have been stood down for the rest of the season for breaching club standards by drinking late into the night and bringing women to the hotel.
The Herald Sun reported the players had taken “exotic dancers” up to a room for “lap dances” before a commotion erupted.
The Swans had earlier defeated Essendon at the MCG on Sunday.
After the players released a combined statement on Wednesday night, Longmire appeared on Fox Footy.
“It will take time for everyone to rebuild the trust in the football club,” he said.
Longmire served as Sydney’s head coach for 14 seasons, coaching all five suspended players before Dean Cox took over at the beginning of 2025.
“It was just incredible deep sadness … and that is probably where we’re still sitting,” Longmire said.
“The culture of the footy club has taken a big hit.
“You go from shock and disappointment, maybe a bit of anger in that. You get a bit of those emotions.
“And you also care about people, try and get that balance right, and it’s very tricky.
“It’s (going to be) a challenge for everybody to be able to get through and be able to put one foot in front of the other and get things right.”
The Swans have locked in at least two home finals, with second place guaranteed heading into September.
NewsWire is not accusing any players of sexual assault, only that they have been involved in the investigation.



