Home Entertainment Australia Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his...

Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his leg in motorcycle crash

4
0

Source : PERTHNOW NEWS

Yungblud has vowed to continue his run of European festivals despite breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident.

The Fleabag rocker posted pictures of himself gripping crutches with his leg in a cast on Instagram on Sunday (16.08.26) to confirm he’s still going ahead with his sets at Belgium’s Pukkelpop and Portugal’s CA Vilar de Mouros this week.

He captioned the post: “Leg f*****. Still giggin. Still standin (sort of).

“Portugal and Belgium I’m comin and it’s gonna be f****** mad.

“See you next week. Let’s ride.”

A representative for the 29-year-old musician informed Billboard that he “broke his leg in a minor motorcycle accident last week” at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota, where he performed on August 9.

The leg blow comes a month after Yungblud pulled out of a festival slot to prioritise his well-being days after breaking down onstage.

The Zombie hitmaker was due to perform at Cowboys Music Festival in Calgary, Canada on July 12, but after opening about feeling overwhelmed, he cancelled his set and spent time at home in the UK.

In a statement, Yungblud – whose real name is Dominic Harrison – said: “To all my family in Canada, I apologise for not being there with you all this weekend – I’m currently in a place where I’m working on myself and taking time off at home in the UK.

“I’m taking this extremely seriously and facing head on what’s going on for the good of the long term.

“I will never take any of this for granted and I will see you all soon. I love you all.”

Yungblud worried fans when he bawled his eyes out during his performance at Bludfest in Czechia, stopping the show to tell the crowed he was struggling with overwhelming feelings of disconnection and pain.

He has faced his fair share of criticism over the years, and admitted that seeing his fans’ faces has been one of the few things that makes him feel “safe” from the outside world.

He told the crowd at Park 360 on June 27: “Lately, I have felt so disconnected from everything. I have been trying my best to wake up every day. I have felt in pain a lot and I don’t know why for a long time.”

He continued: “Every time I find your faces, every time I find your eyes, every time I look at you, I know that I belong somewhere. And to feel safe from the outside world is something that I can never thank you enough for.”

After the show, he shared his mid-concert breakdown on Instagram alongside a lengthy caption explaining why he chose to post the moment.

He said: “Honestly, I’ve been debating whether or not I should post this clip because I don’t want it to feel disingenuous like I’m doing it for a reason like clicks or personal gain but at the end of the day this is what happened and it’s genuine so I thought f*** it.”

The Zombie singer said the breakdown was the result of emotions he has been unable to process over the past year.

Yungblud said: “Recently, I’ve been really struggling and this moment is a byproduct of my body releasing the wave of emotion that has hit me in the past year… When I got off this stage I felt elated but 20 minutes later when I was in the shower on my own I had a breakdown.”

Yungblud reflected on the pressures of modern artistry, saying the pace of the industry leaves little room to process anything. He also addressed the negativity he receives online, writing that “hate and disbelief” from strangers and other musicians has weighed heavily on him.

He ended by saying he felt “validated” after reading a recent article praising him.