Home Latest Australia Man charged with murder after homeowner locked outside house

Man charged with murder after homeowner locked outside house

4
0

Source :  the age

A man has been charged with murder after he allegedly stabbed to death the 66-year-old owner of a house where the accused had been staying.

Emergency services rushed to the home on Lubach Street in Beenleigh about 4.45pm on Tuesday, following reports a man had been assaulted and stabbed.

Neighbours and witnesses told Nine News they heard screams and plates smashing.

On Wednesday, police confirmed a 47-year-old Karalee man had been charged. He is due to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court later on Wednesday.

A 43-year-old Beenleigh woman remained under police guard in hospital and was expected to continue assisting police with their investigations.

They said the 66-year-old man owned the property, and had arrived home from work to find he was locked out of the house.

Police alleged he was stabbed after forcing his way into the house.

Police at the scene of an alleged stabbing in Lubach Street in Beenleigh, where a 66-year-old man died of his injuries.Nine News

Local man Riley Sellars told Nine News he ran to the property after hearing commotion, and saw the man lying in a pool of blood.

Police attempted CPR but despite their efforts, could not save the man, who died at the scene.

More to come

Start the day with a summary of the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up for our Morning Edition newsletter.