Home Latest Australia Personal data of 2 million customers exposed in Oz Hair and Beauty...

Personal data of 2 million customers exposed in Oz Hair and Beauty breach

3
0

Source : Perth Now news

Australian hair and beauty retailer Oz Hair and Beauty has confirmed a cyber incident, possibly impacting up to two million customers.

On Wednesday, the family-owned retailer confirmed the cyber incident to its customers after an unauthorised third party gained access to its system.

“From our investigations into the incident, we are disappointed to have identified limited personal information of yours was accessed during the incident,” an email read.

Oz Hair and Beauty confirmed the cyber incident to its customers. Credit: Supplied Source Unknown
The retailer sent out an email to its customers.
The retailer sent out an email to its customers. Credit: Supplied Source Unknown

Oz Hair and Beauty said the information related to purchases made before August 2026 and included customers’ full names, email address, phone number and details of previous purchases with the retailer, including the customer’s location and postcode as well as items purchased.

However, the breach did not include credit card details, payment information or invoice details.

The company said it took “immediate steps to commence a forensic investigation and implement containment measures, with the support of senior technical specialists from our cloud e-commerce platform provider”.

Cyber Daily reported Oz Hair and Beauty was listed on the dark web leak site dubbed “xpl0itrs”, which claimed to have accessed about 2.1 million customer records and details.

The threat group launched in June 2026 and claims to have access to five companies, including BMW, RapidFort and Oz Hair and Beauty.

Names, phone numbers and email addresses had been accessed by a third party. Picture: Oz Hair and Beauty
Names, phone numbers and email addresses had been accessed by a third party. Oz Hair and Beauty Credit: Mercury

Oz Hair and Beauty did not confirm how many customers were impacted by the cyber security incident.

The company said the incident was reported to the Australian Cyber Security Centre, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand.

“Separately, we have and are undertaking steps to reduce the risk of similar events occurring moving forward,” the company said.

“This includes reviewing and enhancing our cybersecurity posture and data retention policies.”

NewsWire has contacted Oz Hair and Beauty for comment.